Saturday, May 1

dancing in the kitchen

all I really want is to dance in the kitchen
sing along with a pan's rat-a-tat-tat
spin around in dorky white tube socks
fall down on the slick tile, laughing

give me a song to move to
I don't care if it's real
give me a heart to sing through,
enough abandon to let go, feel

frolic, float, flutter, flare
I'm going to laugh when you trip over that chair
smile back at me, now
I want to do this all night

all I really want is feet that will move
arms that will fly
hands that will hold
and simplicity

and I don't care if the neighbors see us
let them join in, there's floor for one more
the breeze feels good so keep the window open
nevermind the crumbs on the floor

all I really want is to dance in the kitchen
a few good people who will come along
it doesn't take much to be happy
love. joy. peace. song.

what else matters, really?
what are we doing tonight?
dancing in the kitchen?
yes, that would be quite alright ♥

2 comments:

Lauren Renee said...

I quite like this, Michelle.
Your words are beautiful and I love your poetry. I also love dancing in the kitchen and you of course.

Heather Michelle Newell said...

:)
this is so cute, let's always dance in the kitchen, mmmkay?
you should post more poetry, it's very nice (as we say here in Ghana!)