Tuesday, March 9

happiness

I'm happy.

It's my grandmother's birthday today. A day to celebrate a beautiful life well lived.

The sun has been shining in Chester, and I've just been feeling like I belong here lately.

I mail so many letters that the lady at the post office knows me, and that my letters go to America.

I'm making new friends, and keeping the old.

I got a lot of hugs today. I love hugs.

I'm planning a trip with my Mommy to Italy in a couple weeks.

I wake up every morning at 8:00, throw open the curtains, make a cup of tea and some toast, and read my Bible.

Life isn't perfect, but there is something so good about accepting the simplicity of being happy.

p.s. Happy birthday, Grammie. I love you!

2 comments:

Lauren Renee said...

:)
I love that you're happy.
I love knowing that you are being taken care of in the hug department, goodness knows I will take care of that when you return.
Mostly,
I love you.

Heather Michelle Newell said...

:)
I am so glad you are happy.
You radiate.
Stay beautiful every little piece love.

PS--Tell May Ida happy birthday and Maynard and May Ida hello for me :) :)