Saturday, January 2

dear England, here I come!

Today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've rung in the new year, packed everything I need for six months into a few bags, said goodbye to my family and friends, been upgraded to business class by British Airways, and it's time to go.

I haven't really slept for the last couple nights. I've been too excited...and had too much packing to do! A couple of nights ago when I was up with my racing mind, I wrote in my journal a list of heartfelt hopes and goals my adventure, and I think a few of them are worth sharing...

1. To know God in a new way.
2. To become more of a citizen of humanity.
3. To find beauty.
4. To share love.
5. To receive love from people I could/would not have before.
6. To make meaningful friendships.
7. To embrace the discomfort of interacting with new kinds of people.
8. To become a part of a faith community.
9. To better understand who I am and my place in this world.
10. To balance independence and vulnerability.
11. To receive each new day as a gift.
12. To be thankful.
13. To be content.
14. To focus less on myself, more on others.
15. To seek the Lord with all my heart.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."
Jeremiah 19:13

So here's to giving it a go. I'll see you on the other side of the pond.

Love,
Michelle

No comments: