I think I appreciate England a little bit more every single day.
The people here are lovely. Smile genuine. Love a good chat. Interested in where I come from. Make we feel incredibly welcome in a way I've never experienced before. Certainly not an American way. And I like that. Sometimes, they even think I'm funny. And that, I love.
Everywhere I look, there are stone streets and stone walls, iron gates and moss grown fences. Everything routine, normal, and average is, when seen through thankful eyes, beautiful.
I like the way the smoke coming out of buildings looks in the blue gray coldness of an early dusk.
I like the way English accents differ from city to city. Anyone can tell you if someone is from Liverpool, Lancaster, or London as soon as they open their mouth.
I love the way people try to "teach" me how to do things here that are normal to them...like make a good cup of tea (it's an art, apparently), or understand the traffic laws, or count change.
I love saying "cheers".
I tell my English friends I'll try anything once. Today, it was some sort of bacon-flavored crisps. Hopefully, they will offer me something a little more charming next time.
God has revealed His love for me in amazing ways these past couple weeks. It kind of just hit me tonight. I love how God loves us in mysterious ways. He's surrounded me with people who will hug me. People who smile at me, laugh with me, know my name. Talk about being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. I feel loved.
I'm learning to be more vulnerable. If God is going to show me love through others, I have to be. I'm learning that I need people desperately, because God moves through people. The body of Christ. I'm learning how to be like the man on the mat, whose friends had to raise him up onto the roof and crash him through the ceiling to see Jesus.
Thank you new friends. Thank you old friends. Thank you family. Thank you for reading my all-too wordy blog posts. Thank you for praying for me. Because I know so many people are.
You've shown me the love of Christ in a million little different ways.
6 years ago
5 comments:
♥ ♥
You have definitely found where you belong
Oh i am so glad that life is good in Chester:) Love you, Mommy
:)
I'm glad you are learning to be vulnerable and trying anything once. That's the best attitude to have abroad, I think, because it opens the door for so many new experiences, friends, and adventures.
The way God reveals His love is incredible.
I love reading your not at all wordy blogs because you never fail to show me how amazing you are and how awesome God is. I pray you continue to have the experience of a lifetime.
Love from home, Laursie
I love reading your blogs, each and every one of them. Your writing is beautiful, and through it, I can tell you have found the place where you belong. I am glad you are learning more and more each day. God does love in mysterious, yet beyond wonderful ways, and I pray that you continue to have such amazing experiences and adventures with new friends. Love you baby girl!
Post a Comment