Last week there were no classes because it was "Student Development Week" in Chester...students are supposed to develop themselves by attending free seminars on writing resumes and stuff like that. This is aka Michelle Gallivants Around Europe Some More Week. The school is just so great about accommodating my travel needs.
:)
I traveled by bus up to Scotland with two of my American friends, Liz and Julia. We were in Glasgow for two nights and then caught another short bus for another two nights in Edinburgh. Some of the highlights...
- seeing my Hendrix friend, Paige, in Glasgow! Paige let me stay with her in her flat, and it was so refreshing to be able to chat with someone from home.
- running into a girl I went to ELEMENTARY school with in Glasgow one night!
- vintage shopping in Glasgow
- going on a "pub crawl" with a group from our hostel in Edinburgh...we got to visit quite a few different pubs around town, which was fun!
- meeting up with Lisa and James, two of my new English friends, to climb Arthur's Seat, a mountain on the edge of Edinburgh. From the top we could see all of the city. It was definitely one of the neatest things I've ever done.
- seeing Edinburgh castle, resting on the top of an extinct volcano that resides in the very middle of the city
- watching beautiful Scottish countryside pass by my window on the bus ride there and back
- eating pb&j approximately 100 times






4 comments:
Glad you had a great time! LOVE the pics. But not as much as I love you!
Hello sweet Michelle...wonderful to read about your travels and i am so glad you are getting so developed:) The pictures are beautiful and so are you!! I miss you but hope you are too busy to miss me!! Love you lots and lots, Mommy
You're as beautiful as your pictures. I'm so glad that you got to see Paige!
AHHHHHH.
You and Paige Hopkins are SO cute.
So glad you made it to Scotland.
Looks BEAUTIFUL.
And, I love that you get a "Student Development Week."
Not bad Chester, not bad at all.
:)
Post a Comment