Saturday, November 6

engagement

Engagement is lovely. Fun, and difficult, and new. It's challenging. It hurts that Jon lives so far away. But I am so thankful. And happy.

"...it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
-1 Corinthians 13 I received the most adorable care package last week from my friend Laura. Inside the card read...
"May you never go hungry (thus the little cakes),
May your lives always have flavor (thus the salt),
May you always have shelter and a warm home (thus the candle),
And may your lives be the fairytale romance you both deserve (thus the book)."
I really love simple things like that. Hence my ring. Hence how completely and utterly happy letters and cards make me. I received a big envelope of engagement cards from Jon's family, as well as a few from some very kind and thoughtful friends. It fills my heart to know that someone thought of me, and took the time to write down, or pick a card, to tell me they love and are happy for me. I cherish these things.

3 comments:

Lee Ann Stiles said...

How very sweet Michelle and i love the other one too, just too choked up to comment on it when i first read it!! I love you and hope you are having a good week-end!! Mommy

Heather Michelle Newell said...

You (and this blog) are adorable.
x x x x x

Dale and Saul said...

You are gonna make me cry all the time until you are married, aren't you? You are too sweet. :)