That's the kind of stuff I'm gonna tell my kids.
My life is so extraordinary. Really. I mean, the people in my life absolutely blow me away. Every day. And the places I've been...just this summer! The things I've seen. All I've experienced.
I love my life. I don't think I deserve it, but I want to always be thankful. Always. And I want to keep going, keep knowing people, keep going places, keep seeing and experiencing things.
I can't wait to live in a foreign country next year.
I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to write my senior religion thesis on.
I can't wait to get my first apartment.
I can't wait to turn 21 and drink wine whenever I want.
I can't wait to host a grown-up dinner party.
I can't wait to work with homeless people again.
I can't wait to fall in love.
I can't wait to hear Taylor Swift's next album.
I can't wait to be friends with my friends some more.
I can't wait to finally figure out what denomination I want to be.
I can't wait to ride a Farris wheel again...I love those things.
I can't wait to be a bridesmaid.
I can't wait to get something published.
I can't wait to live in the South, like, forever.
I can't wait to see if I go to seminary.
I can't wait to have babies. Seriously.
I can't wait to see what my crazy dad is like when he's 80.
I can't wait to study like every book in the Bible.
I can't wait to kiss some more orphans.
I can't wait to take spectacular pictures.
I can't wait to be a teacher. Even if it's just Sunday School.
I can't wait to hear kids tell me my music is the oldies.
I can't wait to have a good-smelling house.
I can't wait to maybe one day figure out how to sew a pretty dress.
I can't wait to visit a remote village in South America.
I can't wait to drive cross country.
I can't wait to write letters to my kids at summer camp.
I can't wait to learn how to live with true thankfulness.
I can't wait to wear long skirts and look beautiful.
I can't wait to have an old, beat up Bible that I've been using for about seventy years.
I can't wait to have a 50th wedding anniversary.
I can't wait to have the best-looking grandchildren in the world.
I can't wait to get wrinkles and look wise.
I can't wait to be wise.
...I can't even wait 'til classes start in three weeks.
But the best part is, I can wait. Because I love today, too.

These are nowhere near the best days of my life.
4 comments:
LOVER!!
We are so blessed. Like, I am in flippin' New York City with amazing people.
And when I come home I will still be living an amazing life with my family and back at mind-blowing Hendrix College. With my other family.
all of these things are SO you. And I can't wait for you to experience them either. Plus I want to be there for a lot of them with you.
I am always a mumbling fool trying to tell you how much your writing blows me away.
I LOVE YOU
Preach it! lol
This is so true! I'm in freaking South America, and I honestly can't explain why I am this blessed!!! And if you should find yourself here in the next year, let me know and we'll go find a remote village on top of a mountain with a view of the sea, and we'll hold all of the babies, and kiss all of the old people, and fall in love with beautiful latino men who can dance. I had to add that last part. :)In all seriousness, though, let's keep living this beautiful life. I love you!
It's a hell of a ride, isn't it?
Life makes everything so beautiful, whether it be the simple stuff like saying hell to be rebellious, or it be the big stuff, like making friends and just...LIVING.
Your list made me smile. I can't wait for those moments in our lives, those milestones, when it feels like it couldn't get any better. I must say, that I can't wait to see your gorgeous grandchildren, to find that denomination that moves your heart, to be a bridesmaid, and to fall in love. Oh, and to live in the South forever? Can I please join you? K, thanks.
Today is beautiful, and so is tomorrow. : )
Your list was beautiful; it made me realize how lucky I am to have such amazing people, like YOU, as my friends. The best is most definately yet to come : )
Post a Comment