I like this whole college student, home for the summer gig.
I like being young, yet a little more sophisticated.
I like the fact that I can get away with dressing in either pointy-toed pumps or pink glitter flip-flops.
I like being old enough to take care of myself, yet young enough to be taken care of.
I like that there's an old homecoming mum hanging on my bedroom wall next to the bank statement on the floor.
I like having friends that are both fifteen and twenty five.
I like it that people (at least pretend to) take me seriously, but I can still get away with sleeping til noon.
I like filling out W4's...but having to call my dad for clarification before I can complete it.
I like the stability of knowing who I am and the flexibility of wondering who I am becoming.
I really liked it today at Starbucks when the screaming, laughing, jumping high schoolers sitting next to me kept telling each other to be quiet because "the lady is reading". I was the lady, which tickled me pink. I was rocking my aviators, sipping a grande nonfat latte, reading an awesome book, and being a lady all right there on the Starbucks patio. Truly, a beautiful thing.
This season is weird, I'll admit it. Old enough to go fight in the war, yet not old enough to buy a glass of wine- it's kind of that whole thing. But I'll take it.
The contradictions are endless, but when are they not? Ecclesiastes talks about how there is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.
I love the mystery of the seasons of life
How they come and pass, linger and last
When the present will depart and the anew arise,
my only foundation is You by my side
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment