
deep dimples
mischievous grin
eyes
eyes like she doesn't want to feel
but she wants you to love her
and when she does feel,
it is deep
hard
strong
and beautiful.
she made me scream
and sing
and run away to cry
she made me angry
frustrated
hands clenched
in love.
in love with that smile that covered her whole face
pushing bookshelves and blackboards out of the room
leaving only her.
she was beautiful like an old woman
a complicated kind of beauty
the kind that simultaneously infuriates you
and draws you nearer
she stretched me 'til I broke
and then I saw
she was something hidden in a dusty mirror
because I never knew if she made me laugh
or cry
or what the difference was, really.
because there were scratches in her smile
clouds in her eyes
a bend in her dimples
a little girl
with little girl hands
little girl tears
and little girl smiles
little girl lights
but something was so dim
and i never saw clearly
but i knew there was something there
and i couldn't look away
look away, no,
I never will.
eyes
eyes like she doesn't want to feel
but she wants you to love her
and when she does feel,
it is deep
hard
strong
and beautiful.
she made me scream
and sing
and run away to cry
she made me angry
frustrated
hands clenched
in love.
in love with that smile that covered her whole face
pushing bookshelves and blackboards out of the room
leaving only her.
she was beautiful like an old woman
a complicated kind of beauty
the kind that simultaneously infuriates you
and draws you nearer
she stretched me 'til I broke
and then I saw
she was something hidden in a dusty mirror
because I never knew if she made me laugh
or cry
or what the difference was, really.
because there were scratches in her smile
clouds in her eyes
a bend in her dimples
a little girl
with little girl hands
little girl tears
and little girl smiles
little girl lights
but something was so dim
and i never saw clearly
but i knew there was something there
and i couldn't look away
look away, no,
I never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment